dimanche 17 février 2013

11-02-2013: My impressions ! (Selin)


Hello everybody !
This week was very nice ! Let's me speak about my experience this week !


1/ Well... What I have learnt this week ?

Firstly, the more important thing that I have learnt is  about the story ! Storyline is different to the story ! The storyline is the skeleton whereas the story is the finished aspect of our story ! In other words , the storyline is the form, the story is the content !
 
I have learnt that a good team it is very important ! My partners were very cool : there wasn't any problem with them ! Each of us contributed to the telling-story! Each spoke when it was his turn ! They are really funny and I get on very well with them! I think it is very important because when there are tensions, the ambiance is bad and It may influence in a bad way our work ! Here is the positve aspect !

Summary :

*Storyline is different of story.
*A good team is important !


2/ What were the difficult aspects ?

No doubt : I am very bad when I must to speak english ! It was very hard for me because I forgot all my words ! My oral is poor, usually when I communicate with people I don't konw what and how to say ! It seems to be in my mind, there is no word !
The second point is about the teaching ! Before this course I thought that it was an easy work but in fact it is very difficult, because we must to adapt the story to 11 years old students : each time there was the same question : Is it adapted to them ? Is it hard to understand for them ?

Summary :

*Difficulty to speak in English !
*Difficult to invent a story for 11 years old students when you have 18 ! ^^
 

3/ How to overcome my difficulties ?

I did some searches on Google !
There are many websites which propose to improve my english ! One of them is howjsay.com !(http://www.howjsay.com/) I have only to write the words and I get the pronunciation ! You say magic ?
 
The second solution is that I have to be confident when I communicate with anyone. Note to myself : Don't be anxious when I communicate !

Summary  of my searches :

*Using howjsay.com 
*Being confident
*Watching movies or series in VOST
*Reading articles (New Yok Times, BBC)
*Watching the postcasts on CNN




2 commentaires:

  1. Wow Selin, that is very good. You found a website which helps you to pronounce correctly :)
    I have a couple of questions and any of you can answer them: how do you decide whether the aspects of the story you are working on are "adapted" to the level of the students or whether it would be hard for them to understand? Also, which aspects in particular did you have to think about last week, which made you think of this?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hello,

    Thank you for sharing your impressions Selin. :) Don't worry about speaking in english, i'm sure that you will improve with practice. ;) I agree when you said that a good team is important, well, thanks to a great collaboration and with our all ideas we are going to make a good story!

    To answer to your question: We have chosen the topic friendship and racism, about racism, we have discussed if a child of 10 had some notion about it. Selin has a sister of 11 or 12 (i don't remember exactly) and she asks her if it was the case. The answer was "yes", so no problem about racism. But i'm pretty sure that others questions will come to us during next weeks and we will have to find the answers in other ways.

    Since last time, we had to think about vocabulary, picture... because we want to be sure that children can understand the story, by associating vocabulary and illustrations..

    I watch series and movies in VOST or sometimes in VO and it's very good. We can see the pronunciations of words and also it's very useful for the listening comprehension. So you should do it. :) Sometimes i also read books in english, that i have already read in french before, in order to be not completely lost! ^^ And i think is useful too. All your tips are good!
    The website that you found seems great, thank you. :)

    See you tomorrow with new ideas. ;)

    RépondreSupprimer